Applications for the 2020 BCFF Grant Program are being accepted now through February 28, 2020. Grant applications must be submitted electronically: online form
The Boone County Foundation Fund (BCFF), an affiliated fund of the Nebraska Community Foundation, is now accepting grant applications from local non-profit organizations. Applications supporting projects and programs that have a positive impact on quality of life in Boone County will be considered.
General criteria include:
- The project/initiative must support a purpose that is charitable in nature and has a positive impact on the quality of life in local communities.
- The organization requesting funds is: a 501(c)(3) corporation, state or local government entity, or other qualifying charitable institution.
- Organizations that do not meet the qualifying tax designation will not be considered.
- Applications cannot be accepted for general building maintenance or unrestricted operating expenses.
The BCFF has granted approximately $170,000 since the program’s inception. Grants have been awarded to support projects in Albion, Cedar Rapids, Petersburg, Primrose and St. Edward, representing more than 35 Boone County organizations.
Funds for this grant are presented through the BCFF and are made possible through a permanent unrestricted endowment. The endowment exists thanks to ongoing support from Boone County residents and friends. A
Please note: The Boone County Foundation Fund does not award funding to Individuals, School Districts, Cemetery Boards, and Religious Organizations. If you are unsure if your project or organization qualifies, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019 BCFF grant recipients include:
- Albion Area Arts Council: $1,500 for the 2019 programs to be presented during the 2019 season;
- City of Albion: $1,500 for improving facilities and equipment at the Albion Sports Complex;
- Albion Public Library: $1,000 to enhance and improve the Summer Reading Program;
- Boone County Health Center Foundation: $1,000 to assist with the cost of purchasing new 3D mammography unit for the health center;
- Boone County Historical Society: $1,500 to purchase a security camera system for the Boone County Museum;
- Cedar Rapids Senior Center: $700 to purchase an insulated food carrier and a new television;
- Good Samaritan Society, Albion: $1,500 to assist in remodeling the main hallway between the residential wings of Wolf Memorial Home;
- Primrose Rural Fire District: $1,500 to install air conditioning in the Primrose Fire Station.
- Village of Primrose: $1,500 to install air conditioning and remodel restrooms in the Primrose Community Center.